|Kare - Kare with Bagoong|
I realized just this morning that I wanted you to give alot of my fooody trip. One that I still didn't have time to post with the passed months was regarding the double celeb of yours truly and my mom's birthday.
We celebrated at Marina Seafood Restuarant located in SM Sky Garden in North EDSA.
Although MARINA SEAFOOD is a restaurant which serves authentic Ilonggo specialties in the country, you can still try their Crispy Pata, Lechon Kawali, Grilled Liempo, Pork BBQ, Kare-Kare, Bistek Tagalog, Sizzling Bulalo Steak.
MARINA is synonymous to the freshest oysters in town! From fresh to kinilaw, sizzling, steamed, baked or grilled, diners go nowhere else but to MARINA.
|sinigang na ulo ng maya-maya (stew of fish head - soured with tamarind)|
Diners are also crazy about its other bestsellers which include Native Chicken Roasted with Lemongrass, Prawns in Chili Sauce, Grilled Managat (sea bass).
|Had wonderful bday celeb then|
In 1987, the first MARINA restaurant was born beside a river in Iloilo. Renowned entrepreneurs RP and Roland Gorriceta, their parents Ross and Marina and the whole family conceptualized and put up the business venture with simple things in mind: no frills, no fuss cooked meals that are fresh and healthy and family-oriented service in a relaxing setting that renders a truly native Filipino ambiance. "The restaurant has been named MARINA because it is located near a body of water, it mainly serves seafoods from Iloilo, and it's the name of our mother", RP proudly explains.
|Unlimited rice please..please..|
Here are the Ilonggo House Specialties of Marina:
- Talabang Ilonggo Fresh / Steamed / Grilled / Baked
- Diwal (Angel wings shaped shell) Soup / Steamed / Grilled
- Alimango (Crabs) Steamed / Sauteed with chili or coco chili sauce / Fried
- Lucon (Prawns) Grilled / Steamed / Sauteed with lemon butter dip / Sauteed with chili sauce / Sinigang sa Batuan / Tinola
- Bulgan (Seabass) Steamed / Grilled / Fried / Fried with Sweet and Sour Sauce / Sinigang sa Batuan / Tinola
- Managat (Mangrove Snapper) Steamed / Grilled / Fried / Ginataan / Inasal
- Alimusan (Catfish) Adobong / Grilled / Fried / Ginataan / Nilagpang
- Inasal na Bangus sa Dahon Saging Whole Bangus wrapped in Banana Leaf
- Binakol na Manok sa Kawayan Native chicken soap with coco strips cooked in bamboo stalk
- Lechon Manok Bisayas Whole native chicken roasted with lemongrass and spices
- Tinu-um Na Manok Half native chicken boiled in banana leaf
- Laswa Na BNL (Kadios, Baboy, Langka) Ilonggo soup with red beans, pork and jackfruit
- Special Lapaz Batchoy All-time Ilonggo favorite
|Sweets for you!|
Marina has also delicious choices of Desserts and Coolers: It has Leche Flan, Fresh Fruit Platter, Buko Pandan, Fruit Salad, Mango Float, Fresh Fruit In Season, Mais Con Yelo, Buko Salad, Turon With Hot Tea, Turon ala Mode, Ice Cream.
Marina, tag line as "Kan -on - U - CAN which means, rice all you can. With your choices of Plain Rice, Garlic Rice, Bagoong Rice, Crab & Aligue Rice and Marina Fried Rice
Marina also very much known to its Sugba-Sugba which means, Perfectly Grilled Served with Rice and Atchara.
|Colored and patterned lamp shades are perfect to give warmth and color to a room|
My family really enjoyed our double celebration in Marina Seafood. It may be different from other restaurants that I've been to when it comes to interior design but still I find it okay when my family approved it too..
|At Marina Seafood Restaurant SM North EDSA|
After a scrumptious dinner, we stroll out of the Mall and find again something to eat. Hehehe. We haven't tried to taste their desserts because Ate Diane wanted to try us out her fave desserts when going out, the BLIZZARD in Dairy Queen.
|That's Ate and me, wearing backpack :)|
|Cookies and Cream, Double Dutch and Chocolate Flavours|
That was a fully loaded dinner/ birthday bash, then we headed home with a :)
Marina Seafood Resturant SM Sky Garden
SM City North EDSA, Q.C.
Contact Person: Ms. Hope Dayaday
Mobile No.: 0922-8796741
Tel. No.: (02) 332-3462