First time to set on foot in Mindanao.
Thrill. Adventure. Fun. Excitement.
All of these are the things we experienced last Feb 27-29, and it all started in Whitewater Rafting, Cagayan De Oro.
Blame it with the CDO-Bukidnon-Camiguin trip of the family and friends. Until now, I cannot move-on. Gusto ko na bumalik agad-agad at itry ang extreme with hulog/lunod factor! At hindi pa rin ko makapag upload sa FB. hehe
The 3d2n staycation ay katas ng napurnadang flight back to Manila on the last day ng family from Coron trip last year. But I considered it blessings because we were able to avail the Travel Fund and experienced such adrenalin rush brought by the White Water Rafting in Cagayan De Oro!
Our flight was early as 4:15am. Most of us did not sleep nor had even time to nap. We reached terminal 3 at around past 2am. Take note, too much to my disappointment I forgot my Tripod at the cab! siengot lang! Hay...sayang. Excited kasi. Grrrr!
|Jeepney service by Kagay.|
Kagay operates for 6 years now.
Kagay offers: Beginners
Expert/ Extreme White Water Rafting!
Why is it called WHITE WATER?
Water naturally flows downhill because of gravity. When it constricted, it pushes in from the sides and sides and sides and speeds up. Speed also increases when the gradient gets steeper and obstructions makes the water swirl around as the flow tries to find the best way to follow gravity. Each of these events causes rapids and the resulting turbulence churns the water, resulting in "WHITE WATER."
Originally, rafting was the last itinerary but we opted to put it first in line. Along the way, our guide showed us what does the water looked like at ang nakita namin from the bridge ay kulay kape gatas na ilog! This was due to typhoon Sendong. Hopefully, the city continue recovers from its tragedy.
|Keribels mag pose kahit kabado :O|
Safety first of course!
Once the gears are all set in (life vest, helmet, paddle), we go right away for the briefing. Let me tell you, this briefing closely freaked me out and almost, made my mom to back out! It was led by Kuya Joel at masahol pa ang takot ko dito kesa sa actual rafting! Yabang naman...hehe. Honest to goodness, it was a scary briefing! (OA ko noh!)
|Hindi halata sa mga muka namin na may masaya, natatakot at aral na aral ang briefing!|
|Let us start this, before we all start thinking to back out!|
We were blessed of a very fine weather then..
|We would not let our fears interfere our long waited trip to C.D.O|
|Honestly, all of my fears and apprehension were gone after a few rapids...|
While on water, do not forget to follow instructions given by the guides:
1. Forward - my favorite!!!
3. Stop (favorite ni Ronnel) hihihi.
4. Buckling In - (lock one's feet) By tucking them on the boat, the passengers can avoid from falling. (An automatic gestures for all of us). Pag ngawit na ko, nilalabas ko paa ko para makahinga naman. ")
5. Hi5!!! - For every succeed rapids, and for not falling from the raft, we shout hi5!! (Kapag nalagpasan ang unos, hindi malulunod!)
Guide: Shouting, "Forward"! Two strokes!
Me: Nel, Forward daw.... paddle!
Here comes the big waves....
Ronnel: "Sorry, Che ang lakas ng alon. Hindi ko kaya!" Hindi ako maka paddle".
Me&Nel: bwahahahahaha! Stop na nga lang! Sabay kapit sa handle..
|Kitang kita ang ebidensiya oh Nel.. FORWARD!!|
|STOP! Cool down|
|Hi5 to the max!|
Wala kaming shots ng backward eh.. Oh hindi lang halata...hehe
In the middle of the wide river, there was once particular moment when our boat suddenly stopped and rotate facing backward, kinabahan ako bakit. Buti nalang our two guides were best maneuvers. There was just this rock which apparently stuck in to our boat.
|Taas kamay Nel.. Kapit na kapit ha.|
|smile lang kami...wala yang rapids na mga yan!|
|Rapids, pede relax...teka, san na sila dito.. waaaah. losers!hahaha|
|ENJOY nga lng!|
|It was such a breathtaking experience/view!|
|"Discover the thrill of nature at its wildest! It has everything that makes a memorable experience with awesome roar and power of water cascading over rocks and boulders."|
|Saraaap! More rapids....|
|Advance o Extreme?|
|Spell ADRENALIN RUSH|
|Pag nilalamon na ng rapids ang boat, makikita mo ang different facial expressions :)|
|There were times during still water, we just enjoyed watching great scenery of Cagayan River|
|We have no dull moments, guide keep on wento kahit minsan di na namin maintindihan.. hehe|
|Still water runs deep, right peeps?|
And there were series of calm waters, our guides (two boat) required us to stand up, wasn't it crazy but we did and it was hilariously, dangerously hell funny experienced!!!
|Whoooo!! Ang galing ng mama kong tumayo ay, nakaupo pa la siya, si Trel nalang..kitang kitang nakakapit pa rin!|
|Can't help but shout na whooo! While gripping tightly at the handle of the boat! Nel, umiiyak!!!|
|One of the tricky part of the course|
|Oh, ingget kayo sa the MOVES namin noh...|
|Ayun na nga! Sumayad na eh...hehe, but still controlled by the " 3G" great guide guys.|
|enjoying the falls|
|nice one guys.....|
|see the boulders around the river?|
|Let your strength and endurance be tested by the harsh rapids|
|Presented also during the trip was the variety pictures of plants in C.D.O, extraordinary rocks/ boulders|
Our guides have techniques so that the rafting journey would be memorable. They let us go down from the raft and enjoyed each other's company while having some pictures and while we were all submerged to the color brown surface of the water...
|un oh, parang mga kalabaw lang. hehe|
Sendong, really affects rafting industry in the area. The water turns into a muddy color. Big boulders were actually crushed into a smaller rocks and it lessen harsh water which is more enjoyable for visitors!
|Amazing rapids but you will not win over us!|
|the mere sounds of the running water, keeps my heart a bit.. (kanta?)|
|It was tiring but SUPERB one!!!!|
At 11:30, we successfully at the ground again, sound and kicking with NO ONE FALL out of the raft! It was really an adventure of a lifetime. It all made more special, more thrilling and more exciting when you spend it with your love ones!
|Hep Hep, HOORAY!! HI5!!!|
Things to bear in mind:
1. The Cagayan River has two important sides: Facing upfront, the Cagayan is always at the left side while the Bukidnon is always at the Right side. (to further explain, please try the rafting, hehe).
2. Whitewater rafting has a certain risk factor. SAFETY is of the greatest importance! All rafters truly need to wear the helmets and life vests in all time.
3. Follow instructions from the guide
4. Do not swallow the water, otherwise.... Eh napanganga ka while the rapids hit your face. ok lang yun! hehe
5. Relax if you ever fall, just go with the flow.
6. Wear something light and which you can protect from sunburn. (or sublock) The journey would take until 4 hours, under the heat of the sun. Bring aqua shoes, or any comfortable shoes. Kami nga nelas lang. hehe7. Bring water with you. Long hours of dry mouth is not good to your system. You need some liquid.
8. Sum up all your valuable things. Be sure to lock it up so you won't shock when your stuffs get lost during the whole period that you do rafting.
9. Trust your guide and team mates! (in short, teamwork)!
10. Enjoy the scenery and the whole adventure!!! Hi5!!
Enjoy the Video..Special thanks to all our guides and all KAGAY team..!